McAfee Safe connect is a very well-known and widely used virtual private network service. However, if you want to try out another VPN you might need to have the best information on how to uninstall McAfee Safe Connect.
The main features of the application
McAfee Safe Connect is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) product that can change or hide the virtual location of the user to provide him or her the access to restricted and blocked websites, and browse the internet anonymously. It is essential to have the cybersecurity application like this today, when most of the external threats for the digital devices comes from the internet.
Overall, McAfee Secure Connect can be called a viable option for any user, especially considering you can use a free version that provide all essential features.
The guide on how to get rid of the application
If you try to remove this VPN from the computer, follow the steps to simplify the process:
- Launch the “Apps and Features” tab and find the application you need to delete;
- Choose the uninstalling option and confirm all the actions in the special window.
The process is very similar to the previous version of operating system. However, there are some nuances like uninstalling via the in-built McAfee tool.
- Open up a “scan” tab via the main Windows menu;
- Complete the scan of the software programs and find the application in the list;
- Click on the “delete from device” option to uninstall the VPN.
These methods are the most convenient for the Windows operating systems.
Uninstalling the application from the IOS device
The steps of removing the VPN from an IPhone include:
- Press and hold your finger on the application for some time;
- Press the small red “X” button that will appear in the top left corner;
- Confirm your actions and tap any free space on the home screen to close the editing mode.
Make sure you follow all the tips precisely to get rid of the application in the safest and most convenient way.
Removing the app from the device on Android operating system
If Safe Connect is under the device admin list, remove it before proceeding to delete.
- Open the Settings App.
- Select Location & Security.
- Then select Device Administrators.
- Uncheck Safe Connect.
Follow these steps to uninstall afterward.
- Go to settings.
- Select Apps > Installed Applications/Manage Applications.
- Select McAfee Safe Connect.
- Select Options and choose to Uninstall or Remove.
You have successfully uninstalled McAfee Secure Connect.
VPN services are essential for any modern device user due to the increasing amount of the external threats from internet. Any user should know how to remove a VPN from a device to give another cybersecurity application a try.